Sandy
Sandy, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been fixing computers since last 7 years
33602187

I just bought a Dell Laptop recently, and the adpapter- when

Customer Question

I just bought a Dell Laptop recently, and the adpapter- when pluged in the wall, is warm to the touch. When I unplug it from the laptop after a while, the adapter is cool, even though it is pluged in the wall. Is it fine or OK to leave it plugged in to the wall, where it will keep cool. Or should I unplug it every so often.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Sandy replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.

I'm sorry about the issue.

I will work with you until it gets fixed. This is a question and answer session. Please do not hesitate to reply back to me at the box given below.

Heating(to certain extent) of adapter is normal. It is Okay to leave it plugged in to the wall. Also, you can turn off the switch on wall outlet while leaving the adapter connected to it.