Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

My computer has died after downloading and installing

Customer Question

My computer has died after downloading and installing Windows 10 -- I'm using my laptop computer to send this message.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Harold Hanna replied 10 months ago.

Hello Pat, how are you today? Can you describe what you mean when you say the computer is dead? Are there any errors, does it turn on at all? When you push power do any of the LEDs show up?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The screen is black. . .

When you push power, do any of the fans start, or any other sounds? There are no lights on the computer at all?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Harold. . .I think I need hands on help and need to know how to revoke the credit card info I just gave.

OK we can do that if you wish. I'd be more than happy to assist you it sounds like a power issue possibly with the battery or the plug you are using. The upgrade of Windows will not cause your computer to be completely inaccessible.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. . .can't afford it. . .

You can speak with customer service about any money that was spent but this specific charge will not go through unless you click Accept. I will set this up to go to customer service. You could possibly remake the question, many are usually under 20 dollars, and someone can assist you with buying a new battery or power outlet (depending what the assessment is). Have a great day!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
all I want is for my credit card not to be billed. ..

Understood. I referred this to customer service and you may contact them additionally at***@******.***

Have a nice day!