Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of laptop (and desktop) hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Wireless Connection stuck on "Acquiring connection. Its a

Customer Question

Wireless Connection stuck on "Acquiring connection. Its a dell latitude d620 I bought this yesterday and it was able to connect to starbucks WiFi but not mine. Thx in advance
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does the new laptop have Windows 7 or 8 or 10 etc.?

To confirm, you did disconnect / reconnect the power cord from the Internet modem/router device(s) right?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Press try this: Press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type devmgmt.msc then click OK

, then double-click on the item Network adapters to open / expand it

, then right-click on each of the items under it and click on Uninstall and confirm (but don't check the box to delete the driver if shown)

, then restart the laptop, and it will automatically reinstall

, then see if you can connect the laptop to your Wi-Fi network name.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

If you still need help with this issue or with anything else, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. I will provide another solution if it does not work. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,