Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I just did a clean install of Win7 on a laptop and now I do

Customer Question

I just did a clean install of Win7 on a laptop and now I do not have network or wifi drivers to connect to the internet with. What are my options?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. Where are you getting the drivers from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
google search for dv7 network drivers but hp is not very user friendly when it comes to downloading drivers.

OK what is the model number located on the bottom of the machine it is sometimes located inside the battery compartment in very small letters and numbers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pavilion dvt7
Model: DVt7 -6C95DX

Go to this link for starters: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv7-6c00-entertainment-notebook-pc-series/5169332/model/5210873#Z7_3054ICK0K8UDA0AQC11TA930O2

Where is says software available for your operating system click on change to choose your operating system let me know once you are there and what operating system you chose. You should choose windows 7 then click on update let me know once you are there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Were you able to get to that link and where is advised?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm at the link.

Where it says software available for your operating system did you click change and choose windows 7 and then click on update. Let me know once you have done that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed it to Win 7 op system, then clicked on update. Now I have 15 or so drivers to choose from.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nine in networkm

You will need to go down to driver network, It's hit and miss with this. I would try the Atheros drivers first. Then the Broadcom You may end up trying all of them to see which one installs and loads your wifi and network drivers since there are many models of your machine out there each with different wifi and network cards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried two wifi first, but I will try your Atherosclerosis. also. I don't see downloads on flash drive. I have to start over. Di! 40mm not get good loads on flash drive.

Understood I will be right here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Captured 3 drivers on flash drive. None of the three would load.

Remember try all drivers once of them should work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Try downloading again.

Try reinstalling one at a time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rebooting right now.

OK let me know what happens

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in process of saving all nine network drivers to flash drive.

Ok great

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Agreement was for $5.00 to open the account and another $31.00 when problem was resolved. You took $36.00 out of my paypal account right off the bat. I want $31.00 restored to my paypal account since you never resolved the problem.