Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer
Experience:  Sr System Administrator at General Dynamics
92043526

I have this Asus Eee PC that doesn't get past this black

Customer Question

Hey, I'm Nazar and I have this Asus Eee PC that doesn't get past this black error screen
It says 'Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Harold Hanna replied 10 months ago.

Hello Nazar I hope you are having a nice evening. I will start by saying unfortunately that is not a good sign. This often means your hard drive has gone bad physically or is corrupted. Do you hear any odd noises coming from the computer, or do you see any other error screens aside from the one you mentioned?

You seem to be on the right track when you mention boot settings. What we will want to see is when you are in the BIOS, you want to see if your hard drive is still listed. If it has "disappeared" and it states you have no master primary drive, then it is likely the hard drive has suffered damage and may not be able to be restored.

It seems your hard drive may have died. If you would like I can give you further assistance on getting a new drive, or possible recovery options. Please let me know if I have been helpful to you with your concerns! If you have any other questions, please let me know!

If I was helpful to you in this process, please rate me! If you have any other questions, please let me know and I will be happy to help. I would like to close out this ticket unless you have any other questions.

Please let me know if you still need assistance with this question.