Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have connected anew Toshiba portable storage and the Set

Customer Question

I have connected anew Toshiba portable storage and the Set up file does not appear on the screen . What do I do
Jim
Category: Laptop
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Sir just to clarify do you mean the new portable USB hard drive that had been connected to the PC is not showing as connected on the PC or you are not able to open the files you copied to the hard drive?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other?

Sincerely,

Note: - To reply back to me use the reply box below in this page.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks John
Unable to connect the portable storage because the Setup file does not appear on the screen. Got Windows 10
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the update.

If its a USB portable drive it doesn't need any specific drivers or setup files to appear on the PC.

Could you please press windows key + E key that will open the file explorer.See if the portable drive is listed in it.

Please let me know the result

Note :- If you have trouble doing the above i can remote access to your PC and check the issue directly.It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Tried that, only found files and folders no portable drive.The instructions with the drive states "Double click the Setup.exe. file and follow the wizard instructions". Only get "autorun" which does nothing. Must do other things now will do remote access in 24 hours..
Jim
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the update.Will do remote support when you ready.Let me know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am available
Jim
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Sir i really apologize for the delay i wasn't online when you replied.

Are you available for remote support now?