Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have my old version of Myst IV Revelation that no longer

Customer Question

I have my old version of Myst IV Revelation that no longer works on my laptop which is running Windows 7. Is there a patch I can download so I can play the game again? I never got to the end!
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

There is no patch sorry, but exactly how did you run it on compatibility mode?

And whats the error you receive?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
First of all I had a hell of a time getting to this screen. Directions were not good! I ran all the choices in compatibility manually since the automatic mode didn't work and all brought up the menu but none would start the program
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thank you.

I have not given any directions yet, so I am not sure what you mean with that sorry.

Can you tell me which version of windows you are running? eg: Windows professional, Ultimate?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is the most awkward websight I have ever tried to navigate. I am not talking about your directions but the webpage directions to get to where I can respond to your e-mail. I am running Windows 7. Am I getting charged for each exchange we have now?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

no you are not being charged for every exchange. You just send a message here, like you have been doing...

I see your running windows 7, but which version of windows 7.

If you do not know, click start, right click computer and select properties and it will tell you there.

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just forget it! I thought you were a legit site but you are just trying to get more and more money!
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

We are and have been here for 13 years, millions of happy customers. I am not sure the issue you are having, but its a pity it got in the way of getting this solved, as you indicated you did not know how to use the site, yet you have been using it the whole time.

No problem though, all the best