Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

Dell Inspiron 1545 will not power on with a fully charged

Customer Question

Dell Inspiron 1545 will not power on with a fully charged battery. It will only power on with AC adapter.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did as you instructed. When I plug the power adapter into the laptop, the power light DOES NOT light, but the computer will power up with just the AC adapter connected. It will not power on with just the battery connected.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Have you pressed and hold the power button for 30 seconds without the battery and Adapter?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have followed your instructions closely.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

When you insert the battery only, do you see the battery light blinking or lit?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

It seems that the battery is bad. I would suggest you replace the battery with a new one in order to get the issue resolved.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The battery shows 97% charged in BIOS or in the powert icon in the system tray when the computer is running on adapter power.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Even if the battery is charged full, and the computer will not work on battery, the issue is with the battery and you have to get it replaced. If it is working fine, it will turn on the computer without the Adapter.

Remove the Adapter and try turning on the computer with the battery only. Check if you get any response. If no response at all, please replace the battery.

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I Cannot rate this experience until I have purchased a battery and installed it to be certain of this technician's accuracy in diagnosing my problem.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Take your time to get back to me. If you can, get the computer to a local store and check with another battery.

Thank you.

S H E F I N