Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I have a Gateway NV73 laptop that just updated to Windows

Customer Question

I have a Gateway NV73 laptop that just updated to Windows 10. it had Win 7 and now when I plug a hdmi cable to it no sound comes through. The laptop speakers still work fine but nothing from the hdmi port. What do I need to do?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Shefin replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

First, try enabling HDMI Audio by following the instructions in the link below. (2nd Fix it method).

http://www.pallareviews.com/4237/windows-10-hdmi-audio-not-working/

If the issue persists, you have to update Display and audio drivers for your computer. However, there is no Windows 10 compatible drivers available for your computer. try downloading and installing the drivers from the link below.

https://panam.gateway.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=2381

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried the #2 option and it said the speakers are working but there was no tab for the tv output. In other words no external laptop source. Tried option 1 and it said i have the newest and best driver available.What else can you help with?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you still on line?
Expert:  Shefin replied 11 months ago.

I apologize for the delay in my response. It seems you need to update the drivers for your computer. If you can access your computer, it will be easy for me to get the issue resolved.

Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $30 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"

If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".

Thank you.

S H E F I N