Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I purchased a NUVI 1390T in January, 2011 and need to update

Customer Question

I purchased a NUVI 1390T in January, 2011 and need to update my unit...which I have never done! I use a Windows 8.1 Lenovo laptop. I do have the USB cable and need to know how to proceed. thank you jerry mcgowan
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

First off, you will need to download and install the Garmin software using the following link:

http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html

Done installing, open up the program and connect the Garmin device to your computer using the USB cable provided.

Follow the on-screen prompts to set up and update your Garmin device thereafter; this should do it.

If you need further assistance with this issue, please reply back using the box below. I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to submit a positive rating at the top of this page. Thank you :)