Joe-S
Joe-S, Systems Specialist
Experience:  Systems Administrator at Fortune 50 Company
68269981

I have an apple I pad and I put a pw in and didn't use

Customer Question

I have an apple I pad and I put a pw in and didn't use it for so long it went completely dead I charged it and tried to remember the password ***** put too many trys in it and now it has disabled its self and I van do nothing at all.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Joe-S replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

-

The security on the iPad is designed to keep your data from being accessed if it is stolen or lost. Unfortunately this is also the case if you forgot your password. There is no way to recover your data if you have forgotten your passcode. After 10 failed attempts, the iPad will remain locked and you must erase it and restore from a backup (if you have one).

.

Apple has this how-to on ways to reset and restore your iPad: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

.

If you are uncomfortable performing any of these steps, you can make an appointment and visit an Apple Store where they can assist you with these steps. In some cases they may charge a fee for this service.

.

I hope this answered your question. please be sure to rate my service. If you have additional question on this subject, please reply back.

--Joe