Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer
75378780

I just got acer chromebook 15. Screen went black and will

Customer Question

I just got acer chromebook 15. Screen went black and will not allow me to do anything. I hold in power button it will shut off and go to main screen to where i ever my password.. But as soon as i hit any key my screen goes black again
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hey there, I'm Tim and will be helping you.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Chromebooks occasionally have a problem where they get hung like this, you need to pull the power plug, force it off and remove the battery if you can - Some require dis-assembly, some do not. If you can, remove the battery and , wait a few seconds, put it back in, connect power and boot. If the battery is hard to get to, simply leave it running while not plugged in to in-dose a full power cycle - That should clear your issue. Let me know if you need further assistance.

- Tim