Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I think I need to download drivers Pocketed Datastor 2.0

Customer Question

I think I need to download drivers for my Pocketed Datastor 2.0 Portable Hard Drive. Where can i get?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working previously?

Is there any power / light on the portable drive?

When you plug the portable drive to the computer, does the computer make a noise?

Is the portable drive working on another computer, if you have?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It worked on previous computers. Haven't used in a while. It lights up (red) when I plug it in, but no action.

When you plug the portable drive to the computer, does the computer make a noise (like when it was working on previous computers)?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It makes a couple of clicks after pluging while power light is green but after about one second goes red.

The click sound is from the portable drive right?

Does the computer make any sound when plugging in the portable drive?

Do you have another USB cable to test?

Do you have another computer to test the portable drive on?

Do you have any other USB external hard drive drive or a USB flash drive to test?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
to all. The fuc#$% thing is just not working!

I'm sorry. There is no driver for this portable hard drive. This is a really old hard drive. If it makes clicking noise, then it is bad. Did it make clicking noise previously when it was working fine?

Do you have any other USB external hard drive drive or a USB flash drive?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I am not satisfied with this service. Please credit my account. BYE

I'm sorry. I'm trying to troubleshoot the problem with you. Troubleshooting takes time. Is there any issue? We guarantee our service, so don't worry. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no issue. It appears to operate normanally, but this computer just does not read the external HD. So if not a driver issue what is it?

It can be a compatibility issue.

But can I connect remotely to your computer and troubleshoot this problem directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 11 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

On your Windows 10 computer, which do not detects the drive, press Windows Logo key and R key on the keyboard together. You will get open the Run command box. Type devmgmt.msc in the Run box and press Enter. You will get open the Device Manager window. Can you see any Unknown Device or Disabled Device there ?

Regards
Jins