Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of laptop (and desktop) hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Can't use my password. Maybe I forgot or entered it

Customer Question

Can't use my password. Maybe I forgot or entered it incorrectly.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please reset your Microsoft account password ***** the website below (using another working computer or tablet or smartphone):

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

; there, select the forgot password ***** and enter the email address as shown on the problematic laptop, and continue.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

You can also reset the laptop. Please try the following:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  6. When prompted, select the option "Remove everything" and/or option "Just remove files", and continue.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

I have provided two solutions above. If there is still any issue, please reply back at the box below, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Happy holidays! Thank you very much,