Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

My Toshiba Satellite C55 A5281 has become useless because

Customer Question

Hi, My Toshiba Satellite C55 A5281 has become useless because the display no longer functions. When I power up the screen remains black, although I believe the computer is still booting up. I bought this computer less than one year ago. What can we do to solve the problem. I see on the message boards and forums that this is not an uncommon problem. Thanks for your help. Serial no 1E293439Q
Category: Laptop
Expert:  aitizaz replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer!i am Aitizaz and i will assist you today

Such problem sometimes indicates there is static charge on the computer. Please do the following:

1. Remove the battery and unplug charger

2. Hold down the power button of the computer for continuous 3 minutes

3. just plug in charger and turn on the computer (without battery)

please let me know the results.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Like I said, I already tried that. You haven't told me anything new. When this happens on the street, it's called a mugging. I will call Toshiba Tech Support tomorrow, and I'll include a refund request, since you just told me to try what I already told you I tried. I'm sorry, but I don't pay for fraud. I'll let Paypal know that's what this is, too.
Expert:  aitizaz replied 11 months ago.

i am sorry but you have told us half of the procedure, so i thought you might try this with 3 minutes interval. we can try other solutions if you are willing to work with us. This is not a scam

Expert:  aitizaz replied 11 months ago.

There are other reasons to the problem as well. So if you are willing to work with us, we can move on. You will only pay for this conversation once you are satisfied and you are ready to rate the answer as positive.

Expert:  Byron replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. When you start up the machine, and your screen is black, are you able to see and move your mouse cursor around on the screen?