Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Merry Christmas, I purchased a new Laptop in August this

Customer Question

Hello and Merry Christmas, I purchased a new Laptop in August this year. Pavilion 15-ab108TX. Four weeks ago, I started getting a blue screen with various messages. I looked up the messages and was told to remove recent updates...which I did. The problem only got worse so I reset the computer and the problem continued, then the laptop shut down completely. I took it to the local Dick Smith store and it was sent away for repair, and the hard drive was replaced.
I picked up the computer on Tuesday this week and the same thing has happened. Now, it is completely shut down and I don't know whether to send it for repair again.
Surely, it is not just the hard drive that is causing this problem. Can you help?
Thank you
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Tim and will be helping.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Harddrives do not cause blue-screens unless it is a software or OS problem, but memory does - This is a memory problem.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

So, i'd go back and tell them it is still doing it, and you suggest they swap out the memory. Make sense?

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you still need assistance?