Sandy
Sandy, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been fixing computers since last 7 years
33602187

How do I get rid of pop-ups and ads that are to right of my

Customer Question

How do I get rid of pop-ups and ads that are to right of my screen, and the small video that AOL puts up to the right also?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.

I'm sorry about the issue.

I will work with you until it gets fixed. This is a question and answer session. Please do not hesitate to reply back to me at the box given below.

IF these video and pop-up are part of aol email client or aol email system, then, I'm sorry to inform that these cannot be removed by anyone except AOL team. Since these ads are generally revenue for them, and these are part of free aol system.

However, if you get any extra pop-up on the screen which are not part of aol system, then, it means there are hidden malware/adware/spyware program on the computer.

I suggest you to scan your computer using free version of Super anti-spyware software. This will remove all of the malwares, spywares and viruses from the computer.
Note: If you already have installed Anti-virus programs like Norton, mcafee, CA, kaspersky on the computer, still I suggest you to download and install Super anti-spyware as the Anti-virus program does not remove Malwares/adwares/spywares effectively.
You can download the free version using the link given below:
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Please run quick scan to complete the scan in 10-15 minutes.

Please take a second to rate my service by clicking stars at the top of the screen then submit. Bonus/tip is highly appreciated.

If you have any other query regarding this issue, please reply back to me at the box given below.

Thank you, ***** *****