Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer
75378780

My name is ***** ***** and I am having trouble with my

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I am having trouble with my Samsung Syncmasterbw. I had to turn it off and take its input out of my 2011 MacBook Pro, as I had to take my laptop to Genius Bar. Computer all fixed but the Samsung won't turn on at all. I've unplugged the power outlet and switched it to another plug. But, the computer recognizes it, and I can't get any lights to go on, including power.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I plug in the display to my Powerbook, it detects the display. However, the Samsung does not light up, including the power button. Is there one of the front 6 buttons I need to push?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Let me check in with my business partner. Thanks!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

Hi there i'm Tim and will be helping you today. Sorry you are having this problem with your display.

Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

unfortunately there is probably no good news here, Monitors are kind of like TV's, they either turn on or they don't. You said you are seeing no lights indicating it's getting power and a black screen (no back lighting at all), The unit is most likely dead. It is somewhat rare for a LCD to die these days, but it does happen from time to time, one thing you can try is replacing the power cored if you think there is a chance it got damaged, but again this would be unlikely. I can tell you what is not causing it though, that would be the Macbook pro, we can tell this since you are seeing no power indicator on the LCD Display. The Good news is displays are pretty affordable, i'm sorry to have to deliver bad news.

Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if there is more i can help with.

Regards,

Tim

Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

.