Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Acer hdmi monitor goes blank at the sign-in screen, only

Customer Question

acer hdmi monitor goes blank at the sign-in screen, only cursor showing
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.

I'm sorry about the issue.

I will work with you until it gets fixed. This is a question and answer session. Please do not hesitate to reply back to me at the box given below.

Is this acer hdmi monitor connected to your laptop or desktop computer? Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is not connected anywhere at the moment. I can't use my computer with it plugged in, not unless you set this desktop setup for two monitors. This desktop (computer 1 with ASUS motherboard) is currently using a Dell monitor I have borrowed from my daughter. I can view the monitor up to login and then it fades away before I can login. I read somewhere that ACER monitors need driver updates, same as with the two Hp printers - C309a and C4680.Why is "Slim" still on my pc? I plan to call them today to get my money back, and sticking with your great team. THX!
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does your desktop have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

Is the desktop currently working fine with another monitor? If yes, does that monitor connect to the HDMI port or the DVI port or the VGA port on the desktop?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 7
The desktop works fine with another monitor that is also HDMI
Thank you.
1. To confirm, another monitor works fine with this same desktop and with this same HDMI cable.
2. Has this monitor ever worked fine previously with this desktop? Or with another desktop or laptop?
3. Can you tried lowering the screen resolution on the Desktop (in Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Display -> adjust resolution), and apply / confirm yes, then shut down computer, then connect the problematic monitor and turn on and check?
4. What's the model of your Acer HDMI monitor? Please check label at the back of it.
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.