Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I've tried to update my driver & everytjme it said this

Customer Question

I've tried to update my driver & everytjme it said this system was not supported. What can I do to get it updated ?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 12 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. What drivers are you trying to update? Is it for your motherboard drivers? If yes, what exactly is the make and mode of your computer so that I can check your possible updates or upgrades?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It's a COMPAQ the model # ***** ***** But it says Presario on the keyboard.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. So are you updating the motherboard drivers using the downloads from the Compaq website?

What is the current OS of the computer? Is it Windows XP? Vista?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It's a Windows XP. I've tried to update my Windows and it said: it wasn't supported either & it said: my Drivers wasn't supported. Then when I try to update my Drivers then it said that they wasn't supported either. So I tried different ones and I can't get any of them to go thru. I know it's and older laptop but I'm 52 and just now learning a little about them. So I'm not going to buy another laptop until I know what I'm doing. Something should work on this one shouldn't it?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 12 months ago.

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for writing back with that information. Please check the link below and then tell me if this is your laptop:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=435618

Keep me posted.

Jess

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No I had went to Windows Website. Instead of the Compaq Website.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 12 months ago.

Yes I understand. But please visit the link I gave you and then tell me if that is the laptop that you are using.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
All I can see on the laptop to I.D. the laptop is this # ***** the battery in back HP Model # ***** And I'm just trying to update my windows and it said that I would have to update my driver. The driver is the 1 that came on the computer which it was bought so I'm sorry but I'm a big dummy when it comes to a computer !
Expert:  Jess M. replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for writing back. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check fix the problem while you watch your screen?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($10) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
How do I know if that http://h10025.www.1.hp.com/ewfr... is the one that I'm using?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 12 months ago.

There is an image of the laptop at the right of that page.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I lost you can you text me back?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 12 months ago.

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for writing back and I am sorry for the late reply. Can I remotely access your Windows computer so that I can directly check and fix the problem while you watch?

Best regards,
Jess