Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

I recently downloaded the latest Windows 10 and now my Acer

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** and I recently downloaded the latest Windows 10 and now my Acer Aspire S3 will not power on. I pressed the battery reset button and on top of that it will not indicate/acknowledge that it is plugged into the charger.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Such as?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Laptop Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Nicole

As the first step, can you please remove the power cable to the Laptop and then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable and try to turn it on and tell me please if it now starts correctly.

Let me know the results.

Thank you