Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Toshiba, Lenovo, Dell, Acer, Asus, Samsung, HP, Compaq
23511658

It seems to close allright. problem is when it has been off

Customer Question

It seems to close allright. problem is when it has been off or sleeping (dark screen) for any time, it will open with the blue screen and lines, and it takes awhile for the normal screen to occur
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will assist you with your question.

This is a common problem with some systems under certain versions of the operating system. Unfortunately I don't know which of either of those you have. Can you please let me know the model of your computer and also the version of your operating system?

The short answer for this, if it's acceptable to you, is to change the power settings so that the system never hibernates. Hibernation seems to be the one state that causes the largest number of problems. Of course, disabling it completely may not be an acceptable option. But, it would be a good way to troubleshoot the problem. Finding out if one mode at least is causing the problem. Let me know you can I'll continue to help you until we've either tried everything we can or until it's resolved.