Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert
30970729

I have a disk Student and Teacher edition 2003. I have the

Customer Question

I have a disk for Microsoft Student and Teacher edition 2003. I have the product key, but when I tried to install it on my new computer, it said that I had installed it too many times before, and that I needed to get a new product key from you. I am a retired math teacher, who still tutors. All of my documents were done on word 2003, with Mathtype. I have tried opening these documents on other computers that have an updated form of word and they are just gibberish, so I really need to put word 2003 and my copy of Mathtype on my new computer. The reason I downloaded word 2003 so many times is because the last 2 years that I taught, the school did not provide us with word, so I used my own copy, and they were constantly getting hacked and reimaging our school computers almost every month. Every reimaged wiped out any software that I had installed. I really hope that you can help. If you tell me that I have to upgrade to a newer word, I will also have to purchase a newer Mathtype, and that doesn't guarantee that I will still be able to use the old documents. Please help this old retired math teacher. My product key is DCWVY-7DQJV-93B96-7X3PG-CRVTD Thanks, ***** ***** PS I taught for 45 years.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Stella,

Welcome to JustAnswer!

You will just need to get in touch with Microsoft and explain the situation, and they will understand and provide you with a new code.

You should see their number on the message when you enter your old code.