Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

How can I tell what model of Lenovo ThinkPad tablet\laptop I

Customer Question

How can I tell what model of Lenovo ThinkPad tablet\laptop I have. I need to download new bios to fix keyboard dock fan error but need to make sure which bios to download
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. I'm Joel and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

The serial number can be found at the bottom of your machine or beneath the battery. If the Machine Type model information is needed, it is located just right next to the serial number

Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Should look like the following format:

• Serial Number - 7812XXX
  • Machine Type - 2668
  • Machine Type Model - 2668KHU
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no such sticker on the machine. The battery is internal and cannot be accessed without unscrewing the bottom of the tblet\laptop
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

No worries. Check these steps located here for a tablet device. I'm not sure if your device is a laptop or tablet or combo but it is worth a try. If it is a laptop, there definitely should be a label on it, if it is easy enough to remove the battery, may be worth checking under the battery but first check the link that I sent to see if it can be found via the menu mentioned. Regards Joel