Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

My Toshiba Satellite laptop is making a grunting or laboring

Customer Question

Hi. My Toshiba Satellite laptop is making a grunting or laboring sound. It is only a little over a year old. It is slow and sounds like it's working hard to breathe..
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

It could be two things, either you got a faulty hard drive and it's about to die or it's been exposed to a lot of dust particles and the fan is clogged up therefore having a hard time to "breathe".

You could try getting a vacuum cleaner and place it on the vents to suck up any surface dust but opening it up and giving it a good clean would be ideal.

If it's the hard drive then you will need to take it to a computer shop to have your files backed up and have a new hard drive installed. Unless you are comfortable doing that yourself, then you can save a few $$$

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,