Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

I cannot remember the password toshiba laptop

Customer Question

I cannot remember the password ***** my toshiba laptop
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome Joanne

Can you tell me please which version of windows is installed Laptop?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just bought it a couple of months ago. Came with windows 10
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Can you tell me which user name it has there? Is it an @outlook.com or @hotmail.com password?

Orr do you have data you need to keep on the Laptop?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know which. We don't use either. My email is with yahoo. Yes, I have data I need to keep
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, then you have three options here which I will list out. As this is security, there is no simple solution, but any of these three options will work, it will just depend on how commfortable you feel doing them.

1)Reinstall the computer. This means you reinstall windows but lose all your data on the computer. It is not ideal, but the easiest way to do this. For this option, on the log in screen, hold down the SHIFT button and with it held down, click the power icon and choose restart. Keep SHIFT held until it has restarted into a menu. Choose Troubleshoot, then Reset my PC. This returns the PC to new, so you can set it up again.

2) Take it to a computer store, have them take out the hard drive and copy out your data to another disk. Then the reinstall can be done and you wont lose your data. Programs you have to install again.

3) This is the most complex solution, but it will mean you will not lose your data or programs and can do this yourself

Save this file to your computer

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/cd140201.zip

After downloading the ZIP file, locate it and double-click on it. Select "Extract All." Extract the files to the same folder the ZIP file is in.

The .ISO file is a CD image file used to create a bootable CD. The file must be burned as a bootable CD - not as a data file - to a CD. If you don't know how to do this, the simplest method is to download the freeware ISO burner at the link below:

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

Choose the appropriate version for your system (at present, version 3.1 for Windows Vista and Windows 7.) Download the installation file to a convenient folder. After downloading it, right-click on the file and select "Install." Now go back to the .ISO file, right-click on it, and select "Copy image to CD."

After burning the bootable CD, put it in your problem computer and restart the computer. Tap anykey to have the disk load.

Follow the instructions given on the screen to change the password ***** the target account.

This video shows you how to do the instructions I explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnV5SM7iS0

After completing the reset procedure, remove the CD from the drive and restart the system. The password ***** the target account is now set to whatever you chose.

You will have to do one of these three options to get access to the computer again.

If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I save the file on my computer when I can't get in it?????
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thats what I explained in option 2 where the hard drive is removed from the computer and copied onto a disk for you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is crazy. Thanks anyway
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the whole reason for the security. If it was easy to just bypass like that Joanne, then there would be no point in having a password ***** the first place, its why its in place, to protect the computer and its data. But the 2 works arounds I gave will work, either of them, if you need to keep the data on them.

Let me know how you go and if you need anything at all, please let me know

And if you can please rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you