Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

My Satellite C850D laptop on windows 10 is not fitted. what

Customer Question

My Satellite C850D laptop on windows 10 is not fitted for Bluetooth. what do I need to do to have this facility please?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you

Ma'am are you sure it doesn't have Bluetooth in the laptop.How old is the laptop?

Could you please let me know the full model of the laptop which you can find on the bottom of the laptop in that way i can check it too?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other

Sincerely,

Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. To reply back to me use the reply box below. You will also get email notification in your email too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
purchased early 2013 with Windows 8.1, upgradedto Windows 10 last week. Model Satellite C850D, Part No. PSCC2A-00X001, Serial No. ZC01311R.
I wish to use a Bluetooth UE ROLL speaker.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the details.I am almost sure it have a inbuilt bluetooth in it.I am checking it one moment please.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I.ve tried looking at DeviceMgr and did not find any Bluetooth references among the Adapters.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

In the laptop specification it doesn't mention of Bluetooth but in drivers there is a Bluetooth stack driver available so could you please download and install that using this link http://tinyurl.com/pbv4z48

Download and install it then restart the PC and see if that makes it work.Please let me know the result.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Will let you know the result.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome.I will wait here for the results

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The speaker is wireless - do I need to plug in the dongle?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Try without it first then if it doesn't work try it with the dongle.Make sure the wi-fi on the laptop is on because that is the same key that turns on Bluetooth too.

Check it and let me know

Sincerely,

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Ma'am did you check it and what is the result.Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John I did download the Bluetooth Driver stack. Attempting to get it going failed. I removed the CSR -4 dongle and also uninstalled he software that came with it, thinking that the built in software may have been affected by the plug-n and its software. Still no joy. one message that comes back from the attempt to run BT is: Please plug in device and switch on.
I wont be available now for a couple of hours this evg, so there is no great urgency today.
I really appreciate you time and skill.
Theresa
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update ma'am.Let me know when you are available today or tomorrow then we will continue from were we left also i can remote access to your PC if required to check the issue directly.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John - tomorrow morning after 10.30 we will be available, and remote access is agreeable. Since this is my wifeTheresa's laptop I have been her spokesman so far. My name is Paul. I feel sure that the answer will be a simple one. My apologies for not clarifying who was the communicator.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

No problem sir.

Will continue tomorrow could you please let me know the time zone you are located.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NZ time is now 1030 am (GMT +13hrs)
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for letting me know the time zone.Are you available now to continue?

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. Ready and waiting
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome.

Connect the blue tooth dongle then install the drivers.Then please do the following and see if bluetooth is listed

Select Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth

let me know

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John I have a significant fault here with an error notification that keeps on going into restart the computer. I'll have to drop this conversation and get that sorted out . It is a message that says an error has occurred and we are just gathering information and need restart. I am so sorry about this. If you have a suggestion to clear this problem I would appreciate that.Paul
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Well windows 10 has lot of bugs in it which still Microsoft is trying to fix through windows update.

Does that error shows any error code in it if so let me know ?

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No error code, which is not much help.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Is it still rebooting or on repairing mode?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither that I can tell. For the moment it seems to b OK. But I'm thinking the dongle and CSR disc may have contributed to the problem. I'll put he dis back in without the dongle and see what happens.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK let me know how it goes?

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir sorry to say that i have to leave soon because its getting very late over here (4:22AM)

what is the status now is it still encountering the error ?

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John - how awful that you are up so late. When convenient, please advise a good time of day to connect with you. I am dreadfully sorry to be such a nuisance at this awful time of night. Paul
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

No problem at all, it was my fault that i didn't ask for the timezone at first that made me confused with your time .I will be offline for next 8hrs by that time it will late for you.

I will do one thing i will open this question to other experts so that they can continue helping you.Is that OK with you.I really apologize for the inconvenience caused by me.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John, I have discovered that inserting the CSR4 Dongle produces the error and restarting. I have installed the software from the CSR CD and I now have Bluetooth Manager on the notification panel (?) and x2 clicking on that produces the little Bluetooth dialogue box inviting me to click on New Connection. In so doing I am told "Bluetooth is not ready".
To me t looks as though my dongle may be defective. I will now plug in the CSR 4 dongle an let you know the result shortly. Time here is 9.09 pm by the way.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update and i apologize for the delay in replying back to you.

It seems to be a defective dongle also try plugging the dongle in a different USB port if you are connecting the dongle on a USB hub,remove the USB hub and connect the dongle directly on USB port of the PC.

Sincerely,