Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Trouble shoot, repair, hardware software.
63493917

I have the ASUS U47A-BGR4 laptop. Purchased the ASUSPRO

Customer Question

I have the ASUS U47A-BGR4 laptop. Purchased the ASUSPRO Ultra Docking Station but the underside of the laptop does not have the slots etc. to engage in the docking station. Did I buy the wrong one and if so, can you give me a recommendation on which one I need for this laptop?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

I am very sorry this happened to you, and unfortunately, you might have inadvertently purchased the wrong docking station by mistake.

But dont worry, I can provide you with the PROPER docking station for your laptop.

.

However, what processor is in it...is it the I3, I5, or I7?

So, upon researching your laptop, and the type of docking station you purchased for the laptop, I'm afraid you DID in fact get the wrong one. The docking station you got, is for a laptop that actually HAS docking station ports on it.....and your laptop does not.

.

What I am saying is....that YOUR laptop does not have connections for, nor will it accept a docking station that is made to connect THROUGH proprietary DOCKING STATION connection ports. FOR this laptop. ASUS just didnt make this laptop with docking station ports, AND ASUS did NOT make a docking station FOR this laptop.

.

However, SOME docking stations (ALSO made by ASUS) may be able to work with this laptop, using the standard USB ports for connection. Here is ONE that WILL WORK for that laptop.

https://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks-Accessory/USB30_HZ1_DOCKINGSTATION/