Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

Since reverting back from Windows 10 to Windows 7, I've had

Customer Question

Since reverting back from Windows 10 to Windows 7, I've had problems opening my cloud-based files in Microsoft Office. Word, Excel, Powerpoint all close unable to function when I try to open the files. I've contacted my online storage provider and the problem does not lie with them. My restore points don't go back far enough in time for me to revert back. Can you help me?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please exactly what happens in office when you try to open a file? What error do you receive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Microsoft Word has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program ad notify you if is available. {Button: Close program}Microsoft Excel has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program ad notify you if is available. {Button: Close program}Microsoft PowerPoint has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program ad notify you if is available. {Button: Close program}
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

As the first step I want to remove any corruption on the computer that can cause this.

Close all programs

Then press the windows key + X and click on command prompt (admin)

http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/9f1f4-remove-parental-lock-bought-tv-used.html

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive. chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then try office again

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an appoint in 4 hours time I need to leave for. Can do the things you listed above and come back to you later if it takes longer than 4 hours to run?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. Can I do the things you listed above and come back to you later?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

That is no problem, let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I ran all the checks you said and tried Office again and got the same errors. Now what?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am still here I was not online by the time you replied sorry.

Click Start, type in MSCONFIG and press enter.

Click on the Startup Tab and click Disable All.

Click on the Services Tab and click "Hide All Microsoft Services"

Then click Disable All

Click ok, restart and let me know if it then opens the files please

Let me know the results.