Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. It is about 3 yrs old and

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. It is about 3 yrs old and the battery began to loose length of life to where it needed plugged in after only 20 min. I bought a new battery (exact same mod #). I put it in the lap top and after 15 hrs the battery was still not charged at all.
There was no cover on the connecter pins of the battery and it fitted fine into the slot for the battery.
What could possibly be the issue????
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. More than likely the problem you are having with the charging is a bad power supply. If it is not supplying enough power to the motherboard it will power the machine just not enough to run the charger. I would advise replacing the power adapter first. If that doesn't solve the problem than it would be a motherboard malfunction.

If you would like I can locate a replacement charger.