Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I own 2 HP Laptops at my business. We've been having

Customer Question

Hi, I own 2 HP Laptops at my business. We've been having issues getting online with one of them with our wireless. I just replaced the modum through the phone company but trying to use process of elimination to figure out why my one PC shows excellent
signal but won't bring up webpages yet the other does... I then used an Ethernet cable and plugged directly into the modum with the pc that doesn't work on wireless and it now does bring up the net......what do u suggest?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Christopher Bessler replied 1 year ago.

OK, either I misunderstood the wording of the question or I am looking at things the wrong way.

From what I understand you have two laptops. One is working perfectly and is connecting via wireless with no issues. The other will connect to the network wirslessly, but no pages will come up.

Am I understanding things correctly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is correct...it shows strong connection but when I click on a browser it states I'm NOT connected to the net. If I plug directly into the modum with my pc...it works fine....hope that helps..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does that make sense now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I guess you're busy now and I have to go but hope you have a solution. I thought maybe something was blocked in the pc perhaps....

There are a number of possible causes for this. So many that the simplest thing would be a remote session. I will propose a remote connection and if you want to go this route we will figure out the next set of steps.