Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

My laptop has just stopped working. The blue on light

Customer Question

My laptop has just stopped working. The blue on light flashes once or twice and that's it. It's an acer v11 touch. I've took the battery out and held the on button for 45seconds and then put power cable in and tried to turn on but still nothing
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you leave the battery out and only connect the power cable

tell me if it then starts like this please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it doesn't. No blue light either to show power adapted but it comes on when battery is connected
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, and if you leave the power adapter disconnected and try to start it just on the battery, does it then start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The blue on light flashed once nothing came on the screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It also flashes once with the power adapted in
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, can you remove the battery and power cable and then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect he power cable and the battery then hold the ALT and F10 and with them held, try to turn it on.

Let me know if it then starts please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doesn't do anything
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** issue

It is the motherboard that has faulted.

Residue power can cause this but it has been ruled out, which confirms this as the issue

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Laptop to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you