Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

I have Toshiba satellite laptop. I configured to safe mode

Customer Question

I have Toshiba satellite laptop. I configured to safe mode but when it asks for my password, it rejects it. How can I turn it on?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Which version of windows are you using?

And what happens when you start the Laptop normally without entering Safe Mode?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

What happens when you start the Laptop normally without entering Safe Mode?

It also asks for a password?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I configured it to start in safe mode the problem is it will not take my password
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, on the sign in screen, hold SHIFT and with it held down, click on the power icon and click restart.

Keep shift held down until it has restarted and your at a menu

Choose from the menu, Troubleshoot, then Advance, then click on System Restore.

Perform a restore from the last restore point, let this complete and tell me if you can now enter the computer please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it asks for a password ***** when I put in the password, it says it is incorrect.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

on the sign in screen, hold SHIFT and with it held down, click on the power icon and click restart.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One moment please, I'm trying this
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I hit trouble shoot, is this ok
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, like my instructions please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I hit system restore, I am waiting
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Finished. It is asking if I forgot my password ***** clicked yes, now it is telling me to restart, should I?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is again asking for my password, I am going to try again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not working.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, you have three options here which I will list out. As this is security, there is no simple solution, but any of these three options will work, it will just depend on how commfortable you feel doing them.

1)Reinstall the computer. This means you reinstall windows but lose all your data on the computer. It is not ideal, but the easiest way to do this. For this option, on the log in screen, hold down the SHIFT button and with it held down, click the power icon and choose restart. Keep SHIFT held until it has restarted into a menu. Choose Troubleshoot, then Reset my PC. This returns the PC to new, so you can set it up again.

2) Take it to a computer store, have them take out the hard drive and copy out your data to another disk. Then the reinstall can be done and you wont lose your data. Programs you have to install again.

3) This is the most complex solution, but it will mean you will not lose your data or programs and can do this yourself

Save this file to your computer

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/cd140201.zip

After downloading the ZIP file, locate it and double-click on it. Select "Extract All." Extract the files to the same folder the ZIP file is in.

The .ISO file is a CD image file used to create a bootable CD. The file must be burned as a bootable CD - not as a data file - to a CD. If you don't know how to do this, the simplest method is to download the freeware ISO burner at the link below:

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

Choose the appropriate version for your system (at present, version 3.1 for Windows Vista and Windows 7.) Download the installation file to a convenient folder. After downloading it, right-click on the file and select "Install." Now go back to the .ISO file, right-click on it, and select "Copy image to CD."

After burning the bootable CD, put it in your problem computer and restart the computer. Tap anykey to have the disk load.

Follow the instructions given on the screen to change the password ***** the target account.

This video shows you how to do the instructions I explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnV5SM7iS0

After completing the reset procedure, remove the CD from the drive and restart the system. The password ***** the target account is now set to whatever you chose.

You will have to do one of these three options to get access to the computer again.

If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying again.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still not taking my password. System was restored.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, I gave another message to you, can you go through it please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am doing just like u said but it is still not happening.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, your not seeing the message, I have repeated it below

you have three options here which I will list out. As this is security, there is no simple solution, but any of these three options will work, it will just depend on how commfortable you feel doing them.

Save this file to your computer

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not see this info. U typed before. Thanks, ***** ***** take it to a comp. Shop.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

your welcome.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you