Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Toshiba, Lenovo, Dell, Acer, Asus, Samsung, HP, Compaq
23511658

I have Acer 5600U all in one was working earlier. Turned it

Customer Question

I have Acer 5600U all in one was working earlier. Turned it off & back on and only the Acer logo screen comes on. At times it says Preparing Repair but eventually goes black or the circle (as if it's going to load) just keeps going Never loads. I'm running Windows 10 Please Help!
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will assist you with your question.

It sounds like you will need to do a recovery. And I do understand that you've used the F2 F 10 and F8 keys already. But that is the right procedure to do a recovery. So we will try a couple of things. First, if you can get into your bios set up on startup, make sure that recovery is enabled. It should be listed under a setting called D to D recovery. Once you do that, you should be able to use F2 or F tend to enter recovery. F2 will work to enter recovery after the computer boots to the Acer screen but before Windows loads. The F 10 should work immediately on startup to enter the recovery. But one of those should work. I would suggest trying them several times as the timing can be tricky. The only other option is a recovery disk. If you don't have a recovery disk, you may be able to get one from Acer. To check that we deed your serial number.

Also, if you are unable to do the rebuild that way, I would make sure that your bios is up-to-date. Here's a link to the page for downloadable software and drivers for your specific model:

http://bitli.es/eGfCbh

There is one other possible option but it's a little bit more involved. Since you are running Windows 10, you can download the Windows 10 media from Microsoft and or write it out to a bootable flash drive. I've had mixed success with this, depending on the underlying hardware. But it is something that doesn't cost anything to do, it just takes a little time.

Also, when you are in the bios, I would suggest resetting all bios settings to defaults. To do this there should be one selection that specifically says set bios to defaults it may also say set bios to defaults and exit depending on the version of the bios that you have currently installed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Working on it I'm able to get to BIOS Set Up

OK. Very good so far!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying F2 & F10...not working yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it's gonna be a long nite for me! Going to keep trying Will let you know when I'm done!

OK. sounds good. Good luck. If you have any questions and I am not online, I will be back in the morning.

How did you make out with this? Please let me know.