Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

My son dropped my Acer Aspire v5-122P-0408 and now I have

Customer Question

My son dropped my Acer Aspire v5-122P-0408 and now I have the Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed. It was taken to a friend's house who has a degree and works with computer hardware and software. The story goes that he opened it and "something fell out". They didn't find whatever it was that fell out and he, of course, couldn't fix it. Any chance you have an idea what happened there and if it is repairable?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. To be honest for starters it sounds like something is not making contact with the hard drive causing his problem. It could be a piece of plastic that broke off on the inside. I would have checked to see if anything was broken off on the hard drive like one of it's connector or a connector that is going from hard drive to motherboard connector the problem would be more than likely in that location.