Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

How do I get past the adminastrator password when my laptop

Customer Question

how do I get past the adminastrator password ***** my laptop first boots up ? I clicked at the wrong time while in setup and accidently set a password ***** dont know????
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about the issue. Are you using Windows 7, 8 or 10?

Also, can you describe to me the password ***** screen? Is it showing your Windows background and you are prompted by a password? Or is it a blue or black screen (Windows has NOT loaded yet) and you are asked for a password?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
win.7 and I get a black screen and blue narrow window that says enter password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm on a tower comp. now with XPhome ed.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

I believe that is a BIOS or HDD password. Can you please tell me the exact message or prompt on the screen?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry but I do not provide phone support. I only provide online chat support like what we are doing now, and remote access support.

Regarding the password ***** is it the same as the image below?

http://pad1.whstatic.com/images/thumb/5/5b/Clear-BIOS-Password-Step-20.jpg/670px-Clear-BIOS-Password-Step-20.jpg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I first turn it on I get a black screen that says Toshiba Leading Inovation and at the bottom it says press f2 for setup or f12 enter boot menu and then it goes to a black screen with a blue 1 inch tall by 6 inch long window that says in white letters enter password ***** then a ten space black area in parentheses
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information. I believe that is a BIOS or HDD password. Please try to enter a random or wrong password ***** 3 times in a row. What happens? Did you get an error code or hash code on screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get verify error!! press enter to continue three times then it shuts down
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get the feeling Im screwed am I right ??
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry but I believe that this is a BIOS or Administrator password ***** only the manufacturer can clear or bypass. Can you please tell me the exact make and model of your problem laptop? That way, I can verify if there are ways that you can do yourself to clear the password.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toshiba Satellite P775-S5320 core i3 with win.7 home premium. hard drive is 600 gb and processor is 3.1ghz part no. is psay1u 02k026
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toshiba Satellite P775-S5320 core i3 with win. 7 home premium part no. PSAY-1U-02K026 600gb. hard drive, 6gb. ram, 3.1ghz processor
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for writing back with that information. Unfortunately, there is no way that you can bypass the forgotten Administrator password ***** than by using a tool from the manufacturer. Only Toshiba tech can clear the password ***** you.

There are certain online forums that suggest about shorting a particular jumper in the motherboard but that is very critical -- it can damage your computer if it is not done properly and correctly.

Now, the only option for you here is to send or bring the locked computer to a certified Toshiba service center so that the tech there will have the right tool to clear the forgotten password.

I am very sorry if this is not the kind of answer that you want to hear and I hate to be the bearer of this bad news. But it will be unfair to you and unprofessional of me if I provide you an incorrect information. This is the truth about your situation now and I am very sorry about that.

If this is just a simple BIOS or HDD password, there are several online sites that offer master passwords for a minimal fee, like http://bioshelper.com. But this is an administrator password ***** only Toshiba can clear.

At this point you placed a deposit. I will only get credit for helping you if you rate positive (3 to 5 stars/faces). It is up to you to credit me for this or not. We guarantee our service and you can ask for a refund if you want. But at least I saved you some time and will not give you some false hope -- there is nothing from your end that you can do to bypass the password ***** clear it.

Here is the link about refundung:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Please do not rate me negatively if you want to ask for a refund. You can leave my service unrated.

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, please let me know. I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess