Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen,
Experience:  Functional Systems Administrator at Hill Air Force Base, OO-ALC/309SMXG
13452844

Have unknow bios password c55-b5269

Customer Question

have unknow bios password *****
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Lachard Binkley replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for coming to Just Answer my name is Lachard.

First question I have is what bios do you currently have normally when you first boot a pc it should should the manufacturer of the bios at startup.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I turn on, Toshiba come on, then enter password. that is all

First thing you can try is holding down the left shift key during boot if this does not work the default password ***** Toshiba biso is Toshiba. Please let me know if this works for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both do not work. Remember this is C55-B5296. On the C55-A I could find the points to short out. Do not know the ones for this model.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I am not able to provide phone service right now so to get you the best possible service I will opt out so another expert can provide this service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok hope some one can help.
thanks
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hey there, i had the same question the other day, the fix was taking the battery out, and the bottom memory panel and removing the CMOS/BIOS Battery (if its in that location) This is the only way to clear a lost or ukown bios password.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

you need to remove the main panal on the bottom with the battery out and unplugged, the CMOS Battery for that model is right next to the hard drive, should be very eas to get.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, there is no CMOS battery as you said, it use the battery of the laptop.; I am waiting for someone to help.
Thanks
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

There is for sure a cmos battery on that motherboard, its just a question of where. There is no such thing as a computer with no cmos battery, it could never boot. So we need to look for it. I'll assist.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

i can see the cmos battery is on top of the mothernboard, i'm pretty sure this is the same unit. This is looking at the bottom of the machine with the case off.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Heres a video of someone taking apart a similar laptop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJVRjuVKqH0

I think it's in the same place. All i can say for sure is there is a CMOS/BIOS Battery, it may be hard, but we'll find it. Let me know when a good time a call is, its 6:26pm here in the US on Mtn time.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

I'll check back in tomorrow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no CMOS as you describe. Toshiba really cut the cost of laptop with this one. Can anyone help??
Thanks
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Gotcha, did you happen to see a blank circle where it looked like a cmos batter should be? I'm reading they just used the main battery and hoped people would keep it charged....

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Can you try and take out the memory dimms and see if you see two metal studs or spots that look like jumpers? You can probably Jump cmos according to the reports i read.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK how are they marked?
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

they look like two tiny terminals, two small circles with contacts around them that are really close together.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no terminals under the memory stick.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have spend enough time, with no results. I want a refund.
Thanks
Expert:  Gary Jensen replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I have one suggestion that may work for you. Try it out. If it works, you are in! If not, you can still take your computer to a local tech. I think it is worth a try. I am going to provide you with a link which describes what to do. Make sure that you are looking at the "Most Helpful Answer" as displayed.

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/110108/How+can+I+reset+bios+password#answer113393

Hope this works for you. Good Luck!

Gary