Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of laptop (and desktop) hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

How can I get into my laptop. All kinds of problems sine I

Customer Question

How can I get into my laptop. All kinds of problems sine I put windows 10 on it The problem seems to be with the Microsoft password.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. On another working laptop or tablet or smartphone, can you please reset your Microsoft account password ***** the email address as shown on the problematic laptop at the website below:

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

, then try it on the problematic laptop.

- If it does not work, is it okay to reset the laptop fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

If you are not able to try the above steps, I can connect remotely to your computer and do it for you. Or you can try the second solution below:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
    When prompted, select the option "Remove everything" and "Just remove files", and continue.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.