Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

My hp pavilion g6 will not power up, light by the charger

Customer Question

My hp pavilion g6 will not power up, ***** *****ght by the charger connection
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. Does the machine respond at all with the battery removed and external power plugged in only by chance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not, but the ***** *****ght turns white by the power connection when I removed the battery

Ok put the battery back in and remove the charger from the machine and tell me if the machine powers up at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not

Ok so no light or anything on the computer itself when on battery only or on the charger correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a small light next to where you plug in the laptop, it's Amber, it turns white if I remove the battery, does not power up with or without the plug connected or if I try with or without battery

There are two things that can be causing this. Either the battery and the charger is bad and would need to be replaced or the motherboard itself has malfunctioned. The way you can test this is taking it to a local geek squad or computer store and have them plug it in to a different power supply to test this. However if you get the same results you would be looking at a replacement motherboard. However in most cases it's the power supply and battery.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will try, thanks

You are welcome let me know if you have any further questions please don't forget to use the rating system it's how we are compensated for our time.