Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen,
Experience:  Functional Systems Administrator at Hill Air Force Base, OO-ALC/309SMXG
13452844

What is happening with lenovo yoga laptop when mouse goes

Customer Question

what is happening with lenovo yoga laptop when mouse goes totally out of control all over the screen and won't stop. have tried webroot to remove viruses but it comes right back whatever it is. think it might be something i reset by accident. please help
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Gary Jensen replied 1 year ago.

Hello there, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Do you have a mouse plugged in to your laptop, or are you using the built-in touchpad mouse? Is the behavior the same with either mouse? I would go in to Control Panel > Mouse and look at the settings in the "Mouse Properties" window. See if the settings in the "Pointer Options" tab show a setting of "fast" for mouse speed. Check the other settings to see if anything else looks awry. Let me know how it goes.

Gary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks but I've tried all of those things and they didn't work.

So you have tried several different mice with no change in behavior? Does the behavior stay the same when different users are logged in?

Gary

I would also suggest disabling the built-in mouse/touchpad, just to see if it is the item which is sending "random" inputs.

Gary