Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I HAVE AN ACER ASPIRE LAPTOP MIDEL 5742 - 6672. I RECENTLY

Customer Question

HI ,
I HAVE AN ACER ASPIRE LAPTOP MIDEL 5742 - 6672. I RECENTLY HAD IT SHIP FRIM ST THOMAS VI TO FT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA. WHEN IT ARRIVED YESTERDAY. I TURN IT ON AND I WAS USING IT WITHOUT THE ADAPTER TO CHARGE THE BATTERY...ALSO. TRYING TO CONNECT TO THE HOTEL'S FREE WIFI. IT WORKED FIR A LITTLE WHILE ABIUT 10 MINUTES AND THEN WENT OFF AND BLANK BY ITSELF. I THEN CONNECTED THE CHARGER WAITED A WHILE AND THEN TURNED IT ON. IT IS NOW TAKING FOREVER TO BOOT UP. WHEN IT DOES IT LOADS A SCREEN WITH THREE OPTIONS; CONTINUE, TROUBLESHOOT TOOLS & EXIT AND TURN OFF PC. NEITHER WORKS IT JUST GIVES A BLANK DARK SCREEN WITH NOTHING LOADING. WHAT US THE PROBLEM PLEASE? THANKS.
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My LAPTOP IS AN ACER ASPIRE LAPTOP. MODEL #6742 - 6682
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
STILL HOLDING...
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. I am a little confused when you state you were using it without the adapter to charge the battery? If the battery was drained, it will take several hours for it to charge. Try removing the battery and use the power adapter only. When or if you see the menu with the option to Troubleshoot, select that and follow the screen prompts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI DAN ,
I ALMOST CANCELLED THE CHARGES FOR THIS SERVICE. BECAUSE THE CALL ON MY CELL PHONE DROPPED AND I COULDNT GET A NUMBER TO CALL BACK ABOUT IT OR HOW I CAN GET BACK TO YOU. I ALSO WAS CONFUSED BECAUSE I SAW THAT YOU WOULD RESPOND AND THE SAME RESPONSE WOULD BE SENT TO MY EMAIL AS WELL AND THAT NEVER HAPPENED UP TO NOW. SO I CAME BACK TODAY AND I AM SEEING A RESPONSE. BUT IF I TAKE OUT THE BATTERY HOW WILL THE BATTERY CHARGE WITHOUT THE CHARHER PLUGGED IN?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I SAW THE OPTION TO TROUBLESHOOT AND WHEN I CLICKED IN IT, IT GOES TO A DARK SCREEN WHERE YOU CAN SYILL SEE THE 3 OPTIONS, BUT NO PROMPTS LOAD. I HAVE MOW TAKEN OUT THE BATTERY AND THE CHARGER IS PLUGGED IN, I WILL NOW TURN IT ON AND TRY ONCE MORE.. ..PLS HOLD.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The battery won't charge without the charger plugged in, that was my question. You stated above you were using it without the adapter to charge the battery? I couldn't quite figure out how you were doing that without an AC power source?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO THANKS...IT STATTED UP THANKS.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome!