Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have an HP G7 1260 US Pavilion laptop. I have two problems

Customer Question

I have an HP G7 1260 US Pavilion laptop. I have two problems in repairing it and returning it to service one I have some sort of glued on or taped on connectorless wire that i pulled loose. And it may have been pressure from another piece holding it on. The other end of the flat six wire cable is held in what I think is a Z connector.. How do I reconnect the wires.
The second problem is, even though the Flat cable has five wires there are only four lands to stick it to. I guess my only hope is trial by fire.
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the flat cable has 6 wires not five
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

Can you send me a picture of this please? There should be an attach button or a paper clip icon you can use to add a picture to your reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i will try a pic
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, that will help me know what exactly you are seeing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

There should be an attach button or a paper clip icon you can use to add a picture to your reply.