Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

How can i synch my Windows 7 laptop Google Drive to my

Customer Question

how can i synch my Windows 7 laptop Google Drive to my iphone Google Drive ?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. The google drive will sync on both devices as long as you are signed in to the drive app with the same email address and password.

1. Open the Gmail app.
  2. Touch the menu .
  3. Touch Manage accounts sign in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which gmail are you referring to ? I cannot find manage accounts on my laptop gmail (no touch screen), and my gmail on my iphone is accessed via the mail at the bottom of the screen and there are no gmail option buttons available.Help !

okay, on the iphone app there should be three lines at the top of your screen next to the words My Drive. Tap on that for the menu.

Your name and email address should be listed there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One line which says only gmail on the left and edit on the right !

okay, it should look like the one in this image link>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay, that's on my google drive, not my gmail. I touched my address and them manage accounts, and there is a check mark to the right of it. I then selected that account which lists the files that I have there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can get also by selecting My Drive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are 2 folders and 1 file on my laptop GD not on my iphone GD, and one file on the iphone GD not on the laptop,,,they share one whopping big folder, but I think I loaded them separately !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by the way, I recollect that my tablet (Android) GD acess has the iphone files

okay, the iOS application shows you the directory structure of all files. They don't take up any space on your iPhone . You can select a file to view "Offline".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, but how do I access my laptop GD files on my iphone GD, and how do I access my iphone GD files from my laptop GD ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I make my cell and tablet part of my homegroup ? It specifies communication only for windows 7 members
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same problwm for windows networks, no ?

yes, you will encounter a lot of problems sharing files between windows and ios devices. Even when you get to view them or the link to the file there is not much you can do with it.