Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen,
Experience:  Functional Systems Administrator at Hill Air Force Base, OO-ALC/309SMXG
13452844

Can I replace the motherboard to screen connector on a

Customer Question

Can I replace the motherboard to screen connector on a toshiba s75i-A7150 laptop?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer! i am Aitizaz and i will assist you today

can you explain your problem in a little bit detail so that i may guide you on it please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exactly what I sent in the first message...
Expert:  aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

by motherboard to screen connector, you want to replace the connector that connects your motherboard to your LCD screen of laptop?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toshiba S75i-A7150.
Expert:  aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

is there any problem with the display? why do you want to change that connector?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DId you read all I wrote at first?
Expert:  aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

i just got "Can I replace the motherboard to screen connector on a toshiba s75i-A7150 laptop?". did you write anything more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

Yes! the connector on the motherboard could be replaced but that is a specialized job and should not be tried by a person who has never done that before since that is soldered to the motherboard and any mishandling might lead to malfunctioning of the motherboard.

Now, if there is any problem with your computer's display, we can discuss it here. If you want to replace the connector in any case, i will advise you to get it done through an expert.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The connector is not soldered to the motherboard. It has a 6-pin connector on the motherboard side. Does the connector have a 6-pin on the screen side?
Expert:  aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

No, the connector on the motherboard is connected to the screen through a VGA cable which has fins.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am STILL waiting. Are you there?
Expert:  aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

i have already replied to your question. the connector on the motherboard is connected to the screen through a VGA cable which has fins.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a multi-pin connector on the bottom right side of the motherboard and a six-pin connector on the left side. Thas's the connector I'm intersted in changing.
Expert:  aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

can you upload the image of the motherboard with an emphasis on the connectors please?

Expert:  aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had it open but after not hearing from you for 45 min I closed it back up.
Expert:  aitizaz replied 1 year ago.

OK! i will opt out here so that any other expert may help you with this. thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I get an answer? When?
Expert:  Gary Jensen replied 1 year ago.

Hello there, this is Gary and I will assist you at this point. In short, as long as it is an LCD screen, the answer is yes! I also need to add that I could not find a Toshiba S75i-A7150 model, but there is a Toshiba S75t-A7150 model. Can you please check and verify the model number again? I am answering right now based on the assumption that your laptop is a Toshiba S75t-A7150. If that is the case, the following link shows one site where you could get the cable (I am not recommending getting it from the site, just showing you that it is available, and what it looks like):

http://www.uspcparts.com/toshiba-satellite-s75ta7150-lcd-video-cable-p-238105.html

You can find Toshiba screen replacement videos on Youtube, which can help you if you need that type of help. Here is one example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK5318aiK6s

Please verify the model number, and part number. It sounds like you have already looked at the cable so, hopefully, you can tell from the picture whether they look the same.

Technically, replacing this cable is somewhat difficult. If you have any reservations, I would recommend getting this done by a local laptop repair tech.

Good luck,

Gary