Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of laptop (and desktop) hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

How do I change the password to log into my chromebook. I

Customer Question

How do I change the password ***** log into my chromebook. I just started using it and must have written the password ***** wrong. The symbol will come up to enter the password ***** nothing happens when I enter what I thought it was.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

What's the model of your Chromebook? Please check at the back/bottom of it.

Is it okay to reset the Chromebook fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an Acer Chromebook 11. I have not used it before today and guess I entered the password ***** so it can be reset or whatever is needed.

Thank you. At the sign-in screen, can you please press at the same time the 4 keys: Shift + Ctrl + Alt + R on the keyboard

, then click on Restart, then do a Powerwash / factory reset.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it worked.

Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have the same problem but thanks anyway.

I'm sorry; I will continue to help you. So after you've done the steps I've provided, did you see the Restart option? If yes, were you able to do a factory reset? If yes, did it let you set up a new password? Does it still say wrong password? Is there any error or message? Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.