Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  15 Years saving Laptops from the recyling bin! Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

After a few minutes my y I-pad out with a fuzzy picture of

Customer Question

After a few minutes my y I-pad blanks out with a fuzzy picture of my cover picture and I Have to begin again. Very frustrating!
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Lets try to hard reset your ipad first. To do so, Hold down the sleep wake button, and home button for about 15 seconds until the device shows an apple sign, you can then release the buttons and it should shut down.

Start it again and then check if it still goes back to the cover picture.

If so, we may need to change this setting as well. Go to Settings, General, Auto lock. And set the duration to five or ten minutes. A long enough time that the screen lockout shouldnt affect your usage.

Once that change is set, let me know if your ipad still exhibits the same symptoms.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.