Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  20+ years experience with laptop support issues. Authorized HP, Lenovo, Toshiba, Asus, MSI, Sager, and Gigabyte partner.
63083622

Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in

Customer Question

Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key. I pressed delete and went into advance BIOS features to 1st boot device to change to the right drive but there is only one drive in there HDD:P0-
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, could you describe your issue a little further... it looks like your description got cut off... then I will be able to send you a request for a Live Phone Call

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, could you describe your issue a little further... it looks like your description got cut off... then I will be able to schedule a Live Phone Call with you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My pc says Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went into bios advance settings to select the right drive but the manufacturers drive was already selected
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

If this problem just started, it is likely the result of a failed hard drive. Any data on the drive may be lost, or it may be recoverable by a data recovery provider. In either case, the hard drive will need to be replaced and the Windows operating system re-loaded onto the computer in order for it to start working again. If the computer is old, it may make sense to simply replace it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do I do? Take it to be repaired?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What causes a failed hard drive
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

Age or a defect. In laptops, sometimes rough handling or travel. You can take it to be repaired, or like I said replace the computer. Smaller hard drives are usually under $100, but the labor might be an additional $100+ due to the need to reinstall the operating system

Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

If you would like to discuss further, I can schedule a phone call with you in about an hour.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a touchscreen desktop all in one I'll get it repaired thank u
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

If this has answered your question, please click on a star rating or smiley before you go. If you need additional help with this subject, please type in the chat box below and hit the reply button and I will reconnect and assist you further.