Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

My lenovo laptop just went through an update and now won't

Customer Question

My lenovo laptop just went through an update and now won't boot past the black LENOVO screen. Please help!!!
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The laptop is a Y510P.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Sir/Ma'am is it in a restarting loop after the black Lenovo screen?

Do you know what update it was is it a windows update or Lenovo software/driver update?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know the update. It is just stuck on the black screen with the white letters Lenovo.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for details.

when did this problem started also have you tried turning off and powering up again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About an hour ago. I have turned it off and on.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Turn off once again then remove the power adapter and battery then press & hold the power button for 60 seconds then insert the battery back in and power it up again and check it.Let me know the result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.I will wait for the result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It didn't work
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update.Please try the following and see if its showing the advanced recovery mode

Turn off and wait for 30 seconds then power up again then immediately press and hold the SHIFT key and then repeatedly press the F8 key see if that opens advanced recovery mode options screen.Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nevermind. I will take it somewhere to see if they can get into the harddrive
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

The above mentioned methods are to get into windows but if you are not interested in continuing i can request to close this question,let me know.