Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I just got a Lenovo X1 Carbon laptop and am unable to

Customer Question

I just got a Lenovo X1 Carbon laptop and am unable to connect any Bluetooth devices to it. The devices work from other computers, so I know they are working properly. Is this a known issue? If so, can you please advise on the corrective action that needs to be taken to get this working? Thanks in advance.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Were you able to turn ON the Bluetooth radio in your Lenovo laptop? And can you confirm that this laptop has a built-in Bluetooth capability?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further. A rating is only required when we are finished.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no physical radio button if that's what you mean...so it has to be integrated.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Can you please check the function keys in your keyboard and see if there is a bluetooth icon there?

Also, can you please tell me the exact model of your Lenovo laptop so that I can verify its specifications to see if it has a bluetooth device built-in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a wireless function key...it indicates that both the wireless and Bluetooth functionalities are turned on.It's a Lenovo X1 Carbon, there is no model number on the bottom...would the S/N help?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Have you checked your Device Manager? Do you see disabled devices there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked all of that. Not disabled.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Please try to uninstall the bluetooth driver from there in Device Manager and then allow it to remove the drivers when prompted. After uninstalling it, click on the Scan for changes button and allow Windows to reload the drivers. Then test if your bluetooth works.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me where the Scan for Changes button is?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am referring to the small icon with a monitor and a magnifying glass. It is "Scan for hardware changes"

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done. Still not working.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Did it reinstall the bluetooth drivers after clicking Scan for hardware changes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It didn't prompt me or anything...but they are back on the list.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check the issue and fix it while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can remote in, but I'm not paying $15 more on top of the $47. This is a brand new computer and I don't think I should have to pay for anything at all.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry about your issues knowing that this is a brand new computer. You are contacting us here in JustAnswer.com and we are not affiliated with Lenovo and we a re a pay for answer company.

But yes, I really want to help you with this issue and I can waive the remote access fee so that I can directly check and fix the problem with your bluetooth.

For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.

1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=09129278-7bc0-442c-ad7f-c80fb366a652

2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.

Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
doing it now
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience. Your issues with your bluetooth was resolved through remote help. It was originally using Microsoft's generic adapter driver so I installed it legitimate INTEL driver and worked. You're system is now able to detect the printer and the headset.

Please call Microsoft regarding the mouse since I believe it is some compatibility problem.

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just FYI...Bluetooth is not working again.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that. So are you saying that the printer is now not working?

Please let me know when you are back and available so that we can resume with the remote session.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct. Printer is no longer working. I am trying some other things.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back. Is your system now unable to detect your headset? Can we resume the remote session?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We should resume...bluetooth does not work and I got two charges...not sure what the second charge of $5 is for. Plus my understanding is that there is a guarantee for the problem to be resolved, which it is not. I'd actually like a refund. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Up until now I was unable to answer you via the link. I had to call customer service to get another way back in to the website.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Can we do a remote access session now or later?