Sandy
Sandy, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been fixing computers since last 7 years
33602187

My Windows 7 laptop Dell computer using Firefox as well as

Customer Question

My Windows 7 laptop Dell computer using Firefox as well as Chrome drastically slows down frequently and occasionally freezes up as well. When it slows down, often it shows the buffering sign (the little circle going round and round). I have also seen the
message "a script is running" sometimes. Also I can often hear the hard disk running sound even hours after I have stopped doing anything. I have cheeked for malware and found nothing. In addition, my Microsoft virus protection is on. I do not think there
is a virus, but it is possible. I need to permanently solve this problem. for obvious reasons I am not willing to give anyone access to my computer over the Internet. But I will be happy to work with someone over the phone or by email. I am reasonably knowledgeable
about PCs. Chandan
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.

I'm sorry about the issue.

I will work with you until it is fixed. This is a question and answer session. Please keep on replying back to me at the box given below. I appreciate your patience.

Some hidden malware/spyware/adware could be causing this issue:

I suggest you to scan your computer using free version of Super anti-spyware software. This will remove all of the malwares, spywares and viruses from the computer.

Note: If you already have installed Anti-virus programs like Norton, mcafee, CA, kaspersky on the computer, still I suggest you to download and install Super anti-spyware as the Anti-virus program does not remove Malwares/adwares/spywares effectively.

You can download the free version using the link given below:

http://www.superantispyware.com/

Please run quick scan to complete the scan in 10-15 minutes.

If you have any other query regarding this issue, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did the quick scan yesterdays, deleted suggested items, rebooted the computer, etc. and everything seemed to work fine. The continuous running of the hard disk stopped and the computer ran fast, as it should. I put the computer on Hibernate overnight. This morning it is running slow again, although not as slow as before. And the hard disk is again running more or less continuously. I did a quick scan again, and nothing was found.What else can I do? If talking on the phone will help, we can do that.Thanks.Chandan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is back to more or less where it was before. The computer is running quite sluggish and the hard drive is running continuously in the background (even when I am not doing anything) making me think that something is continuously running in the background slowing things down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting for response to my previous response above. The problem now is back to what it was before I contacted you. It has not been resolved or improved. Any additional thoughts?
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Please follow the steps given below:

A.

Run disk cleanup as under:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Delete-files-using-Disk-Cleanup

D. Download and install free software named Ccleaner:

Please open the link given below, click download Latest Version on the top right hand side and download, install Ccleaner and run it. This will delete the temporary file(useless stuff) and cookies.

Open the link, click Download Latest version on the top right hand side and then download install and run it.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

C. Please run disc check as given under:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2641432

Please remember to rate. Thank you, Sandy